Monday, June 15, 2009

Kindness of Strangers

Weird title for post, but I thought it was appropriate in a way. Saturday I was driving up the W road to go home. Almost to the top, I saw a "thing" in the road. Well, it turns out the "thing" was a turtle. It's neck was stretched way out and it was trying to get to the other side of the road. I straddled it and all the while was saying, "Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh," and cringing because I didn't want to smoosh it. I glanced in the rear view and saw it was still alive, just as my mother said, "You didn't hit it." As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw three cars behind me. Not one of those three vehicles smooshed the turtle. Two straddled it and the third swerved around it. I'm at work on my lunch break and had to post this. I haven't been able to get that image out of my mind. People amaze me. You've got some that will kill over a "funny look" and others that respect all forms of life.

There's a song out with a refrain, "God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy." Pretty much sums it up.

(Well, not the beer part.)

1 comment: