Monday, November 9, 2009

Out of Stupidity comes BRILLIANCE!

The stupidity? Exercising at noon when all you've had to eat was a 6 oz yogurt at 8 am.

The brilliance? Making 'nana-butter pudding!!

I went today for a workout. While on the floor doing crunches, I was light-headed and dizzy. My trainer asked if I ate anything. I said, yeah, a yogurt when I got up, maybe around 9. (It was actually more around 8.) So, we continue with the workout, a bit slower in pace so I don't keel over.

I left there, feeling quite refreshed, actually and took the trash in my truck to the dump. However, I was starving. I'm thinking of all the stuff I could/should eat as I'm driving home. There's soup I could heat up. I've got stuff for a salad. There's veggies in the freezer. All that good stuff. I hit the door and see 3 well-ripened bananas on the counter and my stomach growls loud enough to be heard in Cancun!

OK. Forget all thoughts of "fixing" something and grab a banana and just start eating. Then I spot the peanut butter. I'm thinking, hmmm, slice the banana and put some peanut butter on it. Protein and carbs AND high in potassium. It's all good. I slice the banana, dump a huge spoonful of extra chunky pb on it and it just doesn't look appealing.

How do I eat it? Fork? Spoon? Grab a chunk of banana and some pb? Grab a glob of pb and then some banana? Too complicated. So, I grabbed the blender and turned the whole thing into pudding! I realized that there was actually too much peanut butter, so I had to add another banana.

There you have it: 'nana-butter pudding:

2 well-ripened bananas sliced
1 big spoon of your favorite peanut butter

Blend until smooth; but leave in a few lumps just for texture. Eat.

This was really very satisfying. It had a really nice rich creamy texture and was sweet. I felt like I was eating something I shouldn't be eating -- this is way too good to be good for me. I guess the riper the bananas, the sweeter and more decadent the taste.

If you try it, let me know if you like it. Don't go screwing it up by putting sugar or chocolate in it! Although, I'll bet eating a gummy worm with this would be kind of cool. Totally different textures and tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment